Artificial plants are a great way to add color and texture to any home or aquarium. These convincing faux arrangements and plants bring the serenity of nature into your home without the added hassle of watering and regular maintenance. However, fake plants do require some regular cleaning, or they will fade and deteriorate. Dust your fake plants regularly and apply cleaning products as needed.
Steps to Clean Silk Plants: You will Need;
- Bag large enough to hold the silk plants
- Nylon pantyhose
- Vacuum cleaner with attachments
- Fill the bag with salt. The amount of salt will depend on the size and the amount of buildup on the plant. You will need enough to cover the surface areas of the plant that are unclean.
- Place the plant in the bag with the salt.
- Shake the bag around. As you are shaking, the salt will adhere to the sticky surfaces.
Materials Needed In Cleaning A Plastic Plants
- Feather duster, vacuum cleaner, or paintbrush
- Microfiber cloths
- Cleaning rags
- Hot water
- Window cleaner with Ammonia D